[Healeys] OVERDRIVE IDENTIFICATION

J. Scott Morris jstmorris at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 12 10:31:26 MDT 2010

Hello Keith;  I can help you a little.  Attached is a file with Laycock serial
numbers and models for the A-Type overdrive.  Also is a calculation of the
different ratios.  The following responses are from them.

Q       If from other than Healey what are they from
  28 / 1502 / 002187              Rover 60, 75, 90
  22 / 61711 / 028383 **         ????? factory rebuilt
  28 / 1292 / 7137                  AH 100
  28 / 1327 / 1134                  Standard Vanguard
  28 / 1447 / 005267               AH 100-6
  28 / 1447 / 12566                 AH 100-6
  28 / 1463 / 002155               Humber Hawk

Q       What is the result of using the 22% ** unit
The Laycock overdrive enables the choice of an extra-high overall gear ratio
for high speed cruising at lower rpm, thus saving fuel, at the cost of less
torque.

Q       Are they all compatible with Healey
Regarding compatibility, I do not know.  You will have to get that from a
Laycock overdrive expert. :-)

--Scott Morris; Simcoe, Ontario, Canada
J. Scott Morris - Keep Smiling, Murphy Lives

I have 7 overdrive units  with various numbers all BN1 - 2

Three have  BN1 mounting & centrifugal switch and are numbered : -
  28 / 1502 / 002187
  22 / 61711 / 028383 **
  28 / 1292 / 7137

Four are BN2 mounting and are numbered : -
  28 / 1327 / 1134
  28 / 1447 / 005267
  28 / 1447 / 12566
  28 / 1463 / 002155

Q       Which is correct for BN1 & BN2
Q       Are they all compatible with Healey
Q       What is the result of using the 22% ** unit
Q       If from other than Healey what are they from

Appreciate assistance

Keith Taylor        WAMBERAL OZ    BN1    BN2   100M.......if I ever finish
them

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type application/pdf which had a name of Serial]

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type application/pdf which had a name of Ratios.pdf]