[Healeys] 65BJ8 -- Driver's Side Rear Shock, Furthest Rear Mounting Nut and Bolt

Greg Mandas gmandas at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 8 17:53:14 MDT 2010

Gary, et. al.
Sorry for the confusion. The nut moved enough to loosen the pressure on the
shock, but it froze on the bolt. Frozen together, the nut and bolt spun freely
in relationship to the shock.
Thanks for all the feedback, everyone.
We have success.
First, all the feedback put me at ease; Sacrifice the bolt and be careful in
there.
The winning suggestion was, drum roll please, from Ed, " Try a Dremel tool".
 As I was putting the dermal together I saw the little ball grinder and I had
a thought. Since the nut moved only a tiny bit before freezing on the bolt, I
figured something was lodged in the first thread.  I took the ball grinder,
dentist style, and ran it around the threads where the nut and bolt meet.
After that, a little WD40 and 30 seconds with the impact wrench and off it
came, begrudgingly.
Thanks all.
And yes. They are on their way to Peter.
Greg 65BJ8