[Healeys] Sticking overdrive

Ed Woods fogbro1 at comcast.net
Fri Aug 6 18:12:14 MDT 2010

List,

In the past year or so, I've rebuilt 'A' type overdrives for two friends. Once
installed, both transmissions were prone to hang in overdrive due to a
sticking clutch. One of them has had the problem for over a year. We tried
everything short of replacing the gearbox which was to be my next step. A few
days ago, someone on this list reported solving a similar problem by a change
from 30 wt oil to Redline MT90.

I am happy to report that this fix worked with both of "my" transmissions.

Thanks to the Healey guy and the Healey List for their help.

I think I'll send the Listmaster a donation!

Ed Woods