[Healeys] Speedo angle drives

Rich C richchrysler at quickclic.net
Fri Aug 6 10:40:46 MDT 2010

Robert,

The angle drive will unscrew from the brass drive sleeve without losing oil
from the gearbox. However, the reason the oil is sitting there in the
vicinity is because the little oil seal within the brass drive housing is
probably shot. This will require removal to get the sleeved drive housing
unscrewed to replace the inner seal, and removal of that from the o/d
housing will allow gearbox / overdrive oil to come out. Therefore to fix the
problem properly, the gearbox and overdrive will need to be drained to be
able to remove the speedo drive brass sleeved housing so it in turn can be
to be dismantled and the oil seal to be replaced.
Follow?????

Rich