[Healeys] concours judging

Tom Felts tomfelts at windstream.net
Thu Aug 5 13:57:31 MDT 2010

Thanks Curt--what you said, that's what I said in my note.

On the guy with the top, it wasn't just the top, it was an attitude.  He was paranoid about the car for fear he might lose a point.  Of course it was a choice, but we need to look inside the motivation for the choice.  In his case, he was driven (pardon the pun:) ) by his fear of losing points in coucour judging.

I have no campaign to harm concour activities at all.  I am grateful we have those with the knowledge who strive for originality with these cars.  I actually do strive for it--although I have a Pertronix and an upgraded brake servo:)

I am not "anti-concour" and I harbor no evil thoughts on those who participate.

I was hoping my post would have clarified that:)

tom

---- Curt/Nancy Arndt <cnaarndt at gmail.com> wrote:

Tom,

Think about what you just wrote.

The man DROVE his Concours car to the meet from Pittsburgh to Louisville!

Now you bring up the point that by his own choice he didn't put the top
down???  So assuming he was judged and did well, I will also assume he
continued to drive his Concours car as we in the Committee hope that all
Healeys will be driven, ----------