[Healeys] concours judging

Oudesluys coudesluijs at chello.nl
Wed Aug 4 03:19:17 MDT 2010

Hmmm,
Strange judging from you nit pickers on originality.
It cannot be better (more original) than a car as it left the factory in
perfect as new condition, still an over restored vehicle will run away
with the prizes!! I do not understand this.
What is over restored? That everything is perfect when originally things
were not. E.g. even gaps, brilliant shiny paint because of use of clear
lacker, perfectly fitting interior panels, stainless steel bolts in
stead of zinc or non-plated ones etc.
The points deducted on extra chrome etc. I understand and looks
perfectly legitimate to me.
Cheers,
Kees Oudesluijs

Josef.Eckert at t-systems.com wrote:
> Kees,
> When I am judging, uneven gaps means points deducted!
> Now what is an over restored car? For example, when the car has items chromed, which were not chromed by the factory, it gets also points deducted!
> So at the end it depends on the cars, which gets the winner in competition.
>
> Josef Eckert
> Konigswinter/Germany
>

> Josef,
> Is not that odd. What you are saying is that theoretically a brand new original car (if it exists but I am sure there must be one somewhere) with all it original short comings like uneven gaps will get points deducted and loose the competition to an over restored car?
> Kees Oudesluijs
> NL

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type text/x-vcard which had a name of coudesluijs.vcf]