[Healeys] synthetic or oil additives

Oudesluys coudesluijs at chello.nl
Wed Aug 4 00:54:54 MDT 2010

Mike,
The oil is probably forced passed the valve guides. Have a look at the
crank case ventilation system. It may have a blockage or malfunctioning
valve some where, causing oil consumption, although a quarter of a pint
every 1000 mls is not that bad, only 1 pint every oil change.
Kees Oudesluijs

rrengineer @dslextreme.com wrote:
> Funny you should say that.  My 2004 Accord LX Coupe is using a quart every
> 1000 miles.  It only has 124K miles on it, but Honda says this acceptable
> for the VTEC engine.  Who are they kidding.  I know it is blow by because
> you can see the black soot in the tail pipe.  They just don't want to fix it
> because I reported it back when it was under warranty at less that 50K
> miles. I made the last payment on it a few months ago, and yes, adding oil
> is less expensive than a rebuild or a used low mileage Jap engine
> replacement.  Much preferable than more payments.  BTW- I also own a 2004
> Honda Civic EX and it does not use ANY oil between oil changes.  Go figure.
> Mike MacLean
> 56 BN2
> 60 AN5
>
> On Tue, Aug 3, 2010 at 4:31 PM, Curt/Nancy Arndt <cnaarndt at gmail.com> wrote:

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type text/x-vcard which had a name of coudesluijs.vcf]