[Healeys] concours judging

Frederich Ficke jagwarman at gmail.com
Tue Aug 3 22:13:17 MDT 2010

I am confused about this concours judging. Isn't the car suppose to reflect
as it was when new fresh from the factory. If so why are these high quality
paint jobs allowed when cars of the 50's and 60's never had that quality of
paint when new?

I look at it realistically you can restore a car to better than new
appearance however , it is only new once. Also the person restoring the
classic and putting chalk marks and such where they would have been when
going thru the inspection process while being on assembly line is not the
same as a restorer duplicating the marks.

I guess I am looking for clarification as to how this judging really works .
It just seems as though these cars that win are way over the top as to what
they were really like when they were new.