[Healeys] OT:Automotive Hydraulic pump advice

Alan Seigrist healey.nut at gmail.com
Mon Aug 2 20:59:34 MDT 2010

Hi -

I know lots of you are pretty smart around machinery and fleet vehicles -

I'd like to find a hydraulic power pump, shaft driven, rated at about 600 -
700 psi.  I would use it on my Jag Mk IX, which the rotary vane Burman pump
on it is bleeding too much pressure when hot or at idle - it makes the beast
hard to drive when parking.  It would attach to the back of the Hitachi
alternator I have mounted on the car.  I don't know anyone who fixes the
vanes on these pumps.

Any thoughts how to do this?  I'm sure something like this is out there in
heavy equipment land.

Thanks,

Alan