[Healeys] Oil Pressure

Frederich Ficke jagwarman at gmail.com
Mon Aug 2 17:18:37 MDT 2010

Mark ,
I built my BJ8 and it runs around 55 to 65 hot while driving which I am
quite satisfied with. You should run a compression test since it is a new
engine and see where you stand. I live at 7000 ft elevation and I have 180
lbs per cylinder which is really good for my altitude. I also run the same
type oil filter as you . The only way I could see better oil pressure is
maybe 60wt or 50wt valvoline racing oil but I run castrol 20-50 as well .
Sounds like your pressure is good don't worry about it. If you live a cold
winter climate don't run the straight 50 or 60 in the winter.