[Healeys] overheating

jerry adams cjerryadams at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 2 08:44:11 MDT 2010

OK!  Deionized water is pure from an electrial standpoint.  It will not pass
electricty.  But is unhealthy as the devil to drink, can be full of nasty
bacteria.  Tap water is pure to drink ( in most cases) but can shock the s***
out of a person.  It can be loaded with mineral salts (hard water) or be low
in
mineral salts (soft water).  Most tap water falls into the hard water
catergory.  Distilled water gets rid of most if not all of the mineral salts
and
bacteria and is used in the health services i.e. hospital etc. and GMP
facilities.  Reverse osmosis is another form of distilled water (you can get
by
the gallons at Wal Mart).  That said, I am the engineering manager of a
small
mfg. facility and we have 4 process steam boilers.  These boilers
require an
annual state inspection.  Before I added water softeners to the
make up water we
had to acidize the boilers to clean the scale build up on
the fire tubes
sometimes as much as 3/8" to 1/2" due to the hard tap water.
I always use
distilled or softened tap water in all my vehicles.

Jerry
BN2