[Healeys] Solid core non-resistor wires

Oudesluys coudesluijs at chello.nl
Mon Aug 2 02:48:29 MDT 2010

The bearing shafts and seals are often interchangeable or can be adapted
between a lot of (not only) British cars, trucks and tractors.
The same goes for clutch cover plates and pressure plates, brake parts,
instruments, electrical equipment, even engine bearings and pistons.
However it is a difficult and laborious job the make up a reference list.

I used a dirt cheap NOS water pump (Ebay) from Vauxhall to rebuild the
water pump from my Jensen Healey (Lotus engine). I just had to shorten
the impeller shaft.

I have made up a lengthy list of all alternative parts for this car and
you will be amazed of the amount of parts that can be had easily and
cheaply if you are in the know. E.g. front wheel bearing is the same as
for various Opels (Kadett, Ascona, GT) which were the most common cars
in the 60's, 70's and 80's over here.

Kees Oudesluijs