[Healeys] noise supression

Oudesluys coudesluijs at chello.nl
Mon Aug 2 02:13:19 MDT 2010

Try fitting a capacitor on the dynamo/alternator and if needed also on
the heater fan and wiper motor. These items can usually be found in the
auto store or you can use the ones as are fitted on your distributor.
Make sure that earth connections are solid and the the aerial and its
wire mantel are solidly earthed.
Also probably available in auto shops are "noise killers" which are
fitted in line in the supply wire. I do not know if these are polarity
sensitive.
Position of the aerial can be important as well. Fit it as far away from
the engine as possible. However if you have a hole in the front wing you
are not going to drill another in the rear deck panel or rear wing

Kees Oudesluijs
NL