[Healeys] Overdrive Ideas Needed

Jim LeBlanc jim_leblanc at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 30 11:46:04 MDT 2010

Mark,

I have always run 30 weight in my gearbox with no problems. It shifts better
than when using 40 or 50 weight. Never, ever tried heavier oil. Often I put a
quart of ATF to help preserve the rubber parts.

When I read your note, I got the impression you are using oil that is way too
heavy. Before taking the deep dive into the internal parts, try lighter oil.

Best Regards,

Jim LeBlanc
1956 100-M