[Healeys] Drive shaft alignment

Oudesluys coudesluijs at chello.nl
Fri Apr 30 02:21:32 MDT 2010

The two yokes of the Hooke joints on the drive shaft should be in the
same position or in line, that way they form a Constant Velocity joint
(sort of).
If they are out of line you can get serious drive line vibrations which
is very uncomfortable and leading to possible failure of the gearbox or
differential, especialy with a shortish drive shaft and large angles.
Kees Oudesluijs
NL