[Healeys] Drive shaft alignment

Alan Seigrist healey.nut at gmail.com
Thu Apr 29 20:03:15 MDT 2010

It's pretty simple, if you have the drive shaft in your hand, the front yoke
and rear yoke should be in alignment.  That way the drive shaft will take
the sinusoidal variation in the rotation by moving back and forth.  if they
are 90 degrees out, then the sinusoidal motion in the U-joint gets amplified
and transferred to the axle and you get all kinds of vibration.

Alan

'52 A90
'53 BN1
'59 Jag Mk IX