[Healeys] Shock oil - wheel position

Al Fuller al at bighealey.org
Tue Apr 27 13:42:06 MDT 2010

All:

I went in to check the oil level on a rear shock on my '62 BT-7 which
appeared to be leaking (oil around the shock housing).  Upon cleaning then
pulling the fill plug, oil flowed out, as if it was over-full.  Since I
doubt it was/is still over full here is the question before I go check the
other three shocks:

Does it make any difference in the oil level whether the wheel assembly was
supported or hanging (with the jack stands under the frame instead of under
the wheels)?  In other words, is it possible for it to appear full/over full
by virtue of where the lever arm is in its travel?

Thanks in advance.

Al Fuller

al at bighealey.org

'62 BT-7