[Healeys] Speedo Update

Dan Smither jobu53 at hotmail.com
Sat Apr 24 12:15:23 MDT 2010

I reported last weekend that my speedo quit working after a 400 mile rally
here in AZ. After taking everything apart the guage worked fine with the cable
chucked up in a reversible drill. The washer was missing in the angle drive.
So I bought a new angle drive, washer and cable. Put it all back together and
it works perfectly. Missing washer caused the angle drive to get stuck. It did
loosen up with a little oil but I thought I better replace. Special thanks to
all who gave their suggestions and especially Rich Chrysler who helped me with
this project.

Dan Serrao
1963 BJ7
Fountain Hills, AZ

People who don't read the newspaper are uninformed, those who read the
newspaper are misinformed........ Mark Twain