[Healeys] 100S with Aston Martin Gearbox

Patrick and Caroline Quinn p_cquinn at tpg.com.au
Sat Apr 24 01:50:45 MDT 2010

G'day Alan

The David Brown gearbox was a common fitting to many of the early
competition and record breaking cars from Warwick. By common I mean 5 to 10
out of all the cars.

Both the original 4-cylinder record breaking cars (Endurance and
Streamliner) were fitted with David Brown gearboxes.

The gearbox was available with both 4 and 5 speed internals, but it has one
bad design fault - they leak live a sieve. The reconstructed Endurance car
has a 5-speed version and it was completely rebuilt and it still leaked.

Hoo Roo

Patrick Quinn
Sydney, Australia