[Healeys] Conversion to BJ8 calipers

Chris Dimmock austin.healey at gmail.com
Tue Apr 20 06:59:44 MDT 2010

Exactly as Magnus said.
Use the metric type 16. Then you just need the appropriate flex hose,
and thicker rotor, and BJ8 type pads (for competition use, or local
autoparts supply, where they want to know the car, look at Capri
RS3000 listings, they use the same pads, sometimes you need to drill
out the 2 pin locators)
Again, check the usual UK suspects, where you can get a range of eg
Ferodo DS3000, DS4003 etc pads
But unless you get remaufactured stubs, at least crack test yours first.
Geoff Healey wrote a long (1 page) "warning bulletin" about pre BJ8
stub axle failure back in about 1990. This was an unprecedented move
by Geoff, purely motivated by our safety.
And your pre BJ8 stubs are now 20 years older than when Geoff first
issued his warning.....
Chris
www.myaustinhealey.com

Sent from my iPhone