[Healeys] CHMSL v 1157s

Bob Spidell bspidell at comcast.net
Mon Apr 19 10:00:22 MDT 2010

Sorry, can't let this one go, being a fourth-generation Californian with lots of experience in this area.

I think you mistook fear as a threat--the last thing anyone without a DL or insurance wants is cops on the scene. In CA, at least, anyone who rearends someone is ALWAYS at fault under the law (ask me how I know).

A 'harassment' charge would have any cop I've ever met--quite a few, actually--laughing his ass off.

bs

--------------------------------
Bob Spidell - San Jose, CA

Well, I had the displeasure of three different Calimexifornians rear ending
my BJ8 on tres separate occasions.... which they had no insurance, if you
can believe it. Of course each time I asked to see their driver's licenses
of which I got this look like, "if you do ask again, we'll call the cops and
throw you in jail for harassment."

Anyway, I did subsequently install a 3rd brake light on the BJ8 and have not
had a rear ender in over 10 years, knock on BJ8 dash wood. Of course
nearsighted Hong Kong taxi drivers, who seem to have that dreaded genetic
disorder called "rapid spasmodic gas-brake syndrome," are whole 'nuther can
a worms.

Alan

'52 A90
'53 BN1