[Healeys] mounting engine to stand.

jwj-scj at cox.net jwj-scj at cox.net
Fri Apr 16 17:07:48 MDT 2010

I highly recommend mounting the Healey engine on an engine stand by using the four bolt holes on the left side (driver's side) of the engine. I found the bolt hole spacing on the mounting plate of an "over the counter" engine stand must be modified to fit the spacing on the Healey engine. I have also found grade five bolts work fine, or one may use the original bolts. Rotating the engine may require a "cheater bar" on the engine stand and a second set of hands (usually) is required to insert the locking pin. The thing I like the most about this set-up is I can install the rear engine plate, oil pan seals and the oil pan before removing the engine from the engine stand.