[Healeys] Longbridge BN4 - Centre Armrest

Alan Bromfield bluehealey at googlemail.com
Fri Apr 16 13:39:26 MDT 2010

Team.
I am at the stage of trimming my BN4 project but running into some
difficulties with the shape of the wrap-over arm rest that was fitted
to these cars.  It is the unique ( and a bit quirky) features of the
early BN4 that I find so fascinating so I am trying to get them right.

My supplier (who is also keen to get this right) has always assumed
that the centre armrest in these Longbridge cars was the same item as
fitted to the AH100's.  When I received the armrest however it doesn't
look like the shape shown in the Anderson & Moment guide on page 117.
The handbrake cut-out is is halfway along the side apron - I believe
it should be further forward, and the front piped edging sits vertical
on the transmission tunnel - the picture appears to show 'ears'
sloping forward.

Could anyone help with a photo of how these armrests should be
correctly shaped?  Do the side aprons reach down to the floor carpet?
I understand they are held with four Tenax fasteners. If so it may be
relatively simple to remove the armrest and photograph it spread flat
to get a true plan view that could be copied.

All information and pictures received I will write up and provide to
John Sims for the benefit of those that follow this path in the
future.

Many thanks.............