[Healeys] BN1 changes

Curt/Nancy Arndt cnaarndt at gmail.com
Fri Apr 16 07:44:25 MDT 2010

Peter,

You are essentially correct.  The metal oval tag replaced the white plastic
tag in late '54 through very early (Jan) '55 and was placed in the drivers
foot well (in your case it appears to still be the left hand foot well.)  It
then moved to the firewall in late Jan. or early Feb. '55 just under the
batch body tag where it remained through BN2 production.

You may or may not have had the reflector pods installed.  My BN1 222664,
body 7197 built Jan. 11 '55 had all of this, with the Austin of England boot
badge and cast brass reflector pods versus the later pot metal ones on later
cars.  Because your car was delivered down under, there may not have been a
requirement for the reflector pods as was done on US cars delivered at that
time.

Cheers,

Curt
AH Concours Committee