[Healeys] Pressure Switches

warthodson at aol.com warthodson at aol.com
Thu Apr 15 08:09:36 MDT 2010

While restoring my Phase 1 BJ8 I had heard all the horror stories about the
pressure switch failing frequently &/or requiring a lot of pressure to
operate. However, I had never personally experienced any of these issues. I
decided to replace the original four way connector with a five way (from a
Sprite, as I recall) & install a second pressure switch in the extra fitting.
That switch was wired in parallel with a second switch installed in the
original three way connector. Which ever switch closes first activates the
brake lights & if one ever fails, I still have a backup switch installed &
wired. An added benefit is that the new switch is installed in the brake lines
after the booster, therefore it should see higher pressure & close sooner.
Only two inconspicuous wires were required & a 5 way connector installed in
place of the original four way.
Gary Hodson