[Healeys] brake switch

Bob Haskell rchaskell at earthlink.net
Tue Apr 13 17:34:09 MDT 2010

Ron,

I like what Paul's done.  It simplifies the modifications to the 6
cylinder roadster wiring.  One can hook the leads to the wiring for the
turn signal/brake lights.

I have the same third brake light, but it's not clear (to me) from the
photos exactly what the modifications to the light are.  A description
of what's been done would help.  How many circuit board cutouts are
there? Looks like two. Before and after photos or a drawing would help
(cut/scrape here).  Two resistors added?  One resistor is attached to
the two sides of the board.  Looks like the other resistor is attached
to the (new) lead for one tail light.  I assume that the one of the
existing leads  has another resistor and is used for the other tail
light.  Just thinking out loud.  I'll take my light apart and see if I
can figure this out (or let the smoke out).

It's probably dirt on the floor, but it looks like Paul's car has four
exhaust pipes. :)

Thanks for the link.

Cheers,
Bob