[Healeys] Brake booster won't release --resolved

2x2doc at gmail.com 2x2doc at gmail.com
Sat Apr 10 09:13:09 MDT 2010

All,
I wrote about my brand new booster not releasing a few weeks ago. With the
suggestions from the list I realized that it had to be air control valve so
I took it apart. I seems two plastic parts (plunger and valve seat) were
not completely seated together keeping the valve closed. I then remembered
that the cap over the air control valve assembly had been knocked off in
shipping so I figure these other parts must have also come loose during
shipping. The brakes now work great.
As a plug for Mr Finespanner (Doug Reid) I bought new brake a clutch lines
and they are perfect. I also put in his clutch bleeder extension and highly
recommend it. It makes bleeding the clutch line trivial.
Pat Williams