[Healeys] Austin Healey Barbie clock radio

Bob Spidell bspidell at comcast.net
Sat Apr 10 07:19:20 MDT 2010

That is interesting--may come in handy if I ever get a ride in the Cash
Cab.  But, I've never heard of it happening in the States.

I'm not sufficiently well-versed in electronic theory to know how
lowering the frequency can lower consumption.   If so, that means the
50Hz system is more efficient and perhaps we should change to it.

Power is a function of voltage and current, but there may be a frequency
factor in the RMS computation for AC.  Any EE's on the List care to explain?

bs

Bob Spidell           San Jose, CA            bspidell at comcast.net