[Healeys] New Zealand & Australia

ATIGHTPROD at aol.com ATIGHTPROD at aol.com
Wed Apr 7 23:34:56 MDT 2010

Just returned from Australia and their national  Austin-Healey rally. One
of the best times I've ever had anywhere at any event.  All of the people I
met or didn't meet were fantastic. These people know how to  have fun. If you
ever get the chance to visit Australia, let me tell you the  Healey Hilton
is in full swing down under and if you don't have a good time down  there,
it's your own fault. Go and enjoy is the only advice I can give.
    And thanks to this list, I put a call out to New  Zealand also and it
was answered by the wonderful folks of Dunedin, Ross and  Shona Osbourne to
be specific. They arranged for a dinner get together with some  of the local
Austin-Healey folks where we talked for hours, traded stories and  had a
great time. Ross also arranged for a tour of Martin Dippie's shop where
they're rebuilding a 100S and then we retired to Ross's home in the hills  outside
Dunedin for a wonderful dinner, great conversation and finally to view
some DVD's I brought of the Healey's Return to Bonneville.
    All in all, an amazing time and much of that praise  must be placed
here with this forum and the people who contribute to it. You're  such a rich
resource, not just for the technical knowledge, but also for the  path-way to
find such a caring, wonderful and sharing folk. Don't travel without  it!
    Thanks for the memories,
Steven Kingsbury
BN1 #598