[Healeys] chassis painting: electro coating vs. powder coating

Tadeusz Malkiewicz tadeusz.malkiewicz at plusnet.pl
Wed Sep 30 15:21:56 MDT 2009

Hello,

I am investigating painting of the chassis.

A friend of mine recently told me, it might be possible to use electro
coating (sometimes called Electrophoretic deposition (EPD)) for my chassis.
Is anyone familiar with the process? I though of using it instead of primer
and then painting the chassis in color later on.

The nice thing about it is that it's a dip process, so the entire chassis is
painted, not just what's accessible with a spray gun.

Tadek