[Healeys] Texas Kooler

Tom Felts tomfelts at windstream.net
Tue Sep 29 09:28:24 MDT 2009

The blades are riveted on and are squared off on the tips--not pointed.  If it is one of the China ones, I must be lucky, because it has gotten LOTS of use and no signs of cracking or other signs of damage.

I'll try to get in close and see if there are any signs of origin on it anywhere.

---- BJ8 Healeys <sbyers at ec.rr.com> wrote:

=============
China.

If the blades look like the original Healey fan, but there are more of them,
I bought one from Moss Motors in 1995 and 9 months and 2,500 miles later it
threw a blade (two blades were missing when I removed it).  My materials lab
at work determined that the blades broke because of fatigue.  Moss replaced
it with an identical fan, but issued a bulletin a short time later directing
everyone who bought one to return it for a different style fan and a gift
certificate for $125.
When I removed the second fan, it had paint chips in the roots of the
blades, indicating that they were going to be fatiguing and cracking soon in
the same place as the original.

If you have a similar fan, if I were you I'd keep a close watch on it for
paint chips in the blade roots.

Steve Byers
HBJ8L/36666
BJ8 Registry