[Healeys] My silence

Jaap Aeckerlin j.aeckerlin at gmail.com
Tue Sep 29 06:25:07 MDT 2009

Steve, the reason you hardly see me on the forum is quite simple: my BJ8 is
up and running. When I purchased the wreck some 8 years ago I'd never seen
an Austin-Healey before, and the fact that the P.O. had completely
dismantled the car didn't help me either. The list proved to be an very
valuable source of information to me, and especially Rich Chrysler's
knowledge which he was willing to share with me helped me out of the
numerous problems I came across during the restoration.
Now my BJ8 is up and running with a non-standard petrol pump, a non-standard
brake booster and a 123 ignition which means that I can trust that car as
good as I trust my wife (no funny comments, please!). I still read the forum
daily, I do sometimes comment or react but quite often do so in a personal
message as in my view too many people are using this list for messages that
are actually meant for one person only.
Finally I'm still playing in our State Lottery so that, when I hit the
Jackpot, I can make a tour through the USA to meet a number of the friendly
people participating in this list. I keep my fingers crossed!
Jack Aeckerlin, The Netherlands
1964 BJ8 29432