[Healeys] Champions(again)

Mirek Sharp m.g.sharp at sympatico.ca
Tue Sep 29 06:24:10 MDT 2009

Michael - please do.  I did not see any conclusive reply on the list the few
times this subject has come up and I am intrigued by it. What is your
opinion?

FYI, I just cleaned mine up as part of refurbishing the side-screens.  I found
the finish was very hard and I could use a brass brush lightly on them to work
the stuff out of pores and scratches, with seemingly no ill effects.  It
crossed my mind that they might be finished with "brushed" chrome.  This
finish was often used on fasteners and Amal carb fittings and it gives a dull,
cadmium-like finish, but is hard and durable like chrome.  I believe it is
achieved by lightly bead blasting the surface prior to plating.

cheers,

Mirek

  I've been meaning to talk about the side screen bracket finish for a while
now.
  I think everyone is wrong but I am not sharing any info on this.

  Best--Michael Oritt