[Healeys] Texas Cooler warning

healeymanjim at hansencc.net healeymanjim at hansencc.net
Tue Sep 29 00:00:08 MDT 2009

had my first bad experience with texas cooler fans this summer when a club member had his radiator recored and bought a new texas cooler fan.  we installed the rad and fan and took off on a test drive.  after the run, i was adjusting the idle when a blade came off the fan and hit the owner in his arm.  good thing we were not revving it at the time.  he replaced that fan with a hayden flex, i belive, not desiring to replace the texas cooler.  we have other healeys in the club that have had no problems with their texas coolers in years so got to assume it was just a bad pressing.   hjim