[Healeys] caliper rebuild

Oudesluys coudesluijs at chello.nl
Sun Sep 27 12:51:51 MDT 2009

The Lucas/Girling kits should be OK for the Healey. When rebuilding my
cilinders or calipers I prefer to use new or NOS original parts if
available, be it a UK, German, Italian, French etc. car. However there
is a risk using NOS: if it has not been stored properly it may have
degraded, so check thorougly for britleness and micro cracks.
Be weary of other makes for the rebuild kits. Some are OK, others are not.
Kees Oudesluijs
NL