[Healeys] Electric Cooling Fan

Alan Seigrist healey.nut at gmail.com
Wed Sep 23 19:08:46 MDT 2009

Jack -

Len's suggestion is basically right.  Start with a complete cleaning of your
cooling system first.  The easiest thing is to have your radiator taken to a
local shop to be rodded and cleaned.

Also try a 20% antifreeze + 80% distilled water + water wetter mix.  That
really works well, but coolant needs to be changed annually.

Also make sure you are using a 180 deg or 160 deg thermostat, not a 195.

Finally, jet hot coating the exhaust headers does wonders to keep
underbonnet temps much lower.

do these things first before going to a rad fan.  It can make a huge
difference.

Alan

'52 A90
'53 BN1