[Healeys] Fuel bill up in filler pipe

Oudesluys coudesluijs at chello.nl
Wed Sep 16 11:08:25 MDT 2009

Although the liquid will expand it is very unlikely that it will expand
that much to cause an overflow if the level is just visible at the
bottom of the pipe. It is the  trapped air/fumes that will expand
considerably thus pushing out the fuel.
Hence the advise to park the car with the filler pipe in the highest
position, so that the trapped air/fumes can escape through the filler pipe.
Kees Oudesluijs
NL