[Healeys] No acceleration

Alan Seigrist healey.nut at gmail.com
Wed Sep 16 04:29:29 MDT 2009

Paul -

Since you blew out your piston six months ago, that means your car has been
sitting for six months.  I suspect that crud/rust has built up in the tank,
worked it's way through the pump / carbs and is likely starving your car for
fuel.  When you start running out of power, immediately shut off the motor
and coast to the side of the road.  Pop off the float chamber lids and see
if either float chamber is low on fuel.  If so, then there is probably crud
plugging up that float chamber.  If both are low, then you should drain and
flush the gas tank, flush and clean the fuel pump and if you have a fuel
filter in there somewhere, change it.

Alan

'52 A90
'53 BN1