[Healeys] TargaNewfoundland 2009-AHX 12: Day 1 (part 2)

awgertoo at aol.com awgertoo at aol.com
Mon Sep 14 10:24:57 MDT 2009

The moderator makes me keep slicing the message into smaller bits as it is too long, so here is the next part with one more to follow:

Continued:? "

A month or so ago I began experiencing serious GI problems which were diagnosed as "C. Diff" and I was prescribed a course of the antibiotic--Flagyl--which usually provides effective treatment.? After a second course of Flagyl?and then resort to another antiotic--?Vancomycin--I was still not getting any better and in fact had a few nights in the hospital simply to deal with the symptoms which are both unpleasant and painful.? And so a few weeks ago I told Michael that I thought he should?try to find?another navigator as I could not predict where I would be medically when it came time to ship out.? This was a tough call for both of us but I am glad we made it as Michael was able to fiind a local, experienced navigator to fill the seat and I am?now hospitalized with a still-undetermined diagnosis.? However I am in touch with Michael and other personnel and will attempt to give periodic reports on 12's progress as I learn of things."

Part three of three to follow.

Best--Michael Oritt