[Healeys] Soda Blasting and Media blasting

Mark LaPierre lapierrem at sbcglobal.net
Sun Sep 13 03:58:09 MDT 2009

Peter,   the small units are OK but a good vac system is essential for all
units for a good healthy blasting environment.  When I purchased my small
blast unit I didn't see any vac systems for sale.

I bead blasted in my garage 2 years ago and I'm still trying to clean up the
air and timbers in my 3 year old
garage.  I had hooked up what I thought was a good idea,  a shop vac.  Not
good enough.

Any time I use a fan now I get a continuous smell on my clothes.  It has to
be in the frame work
cause I have washed the floor several times since.

My point  is when buying a blaster look for a vac that is effective with
your blaster.  Also remember that
big and powerful is not always the best.   The vac that I was using kept
sucking the gloves off of their
platform,  not a good deal.

FYI,    Mark