[Healeys] Pinion seal puzzle

WILLIAM B LAWRENCE ynotink at msn.com
Fri Sep 11 18:53:45 MDT 2009

It seems to me that the problem isn't the seal per se, but the machined
surface on the differential flange. If it was damaged at some point maybe the
PO had it machined down to the next standard size to make it seal again. In
that case you have the option of using the flange you have and sourcing an
oversized (1.5") seal Or replacing the flange with a standard size and using a
stock seal.
Good luck.
Bill Lawrence