[Healeys] [Fwd: Re: Newbie] with egg on face

Ed Woods fogbro1 at comcast.net
Fri Sep 11 13:08:25 MDT 2009

Gentlemen,

A bit of egg on my face, but I thought I'd tell the tale anyway. After
learning that the bolt center on my car's wheels is 5", I went to the garage,
measured the distance between two lugs and applied high school trig once
again, only to confirm that these wheels were, indeed, on 4.5" centers. So,
even though I've sworn to finish other projects before getting into the
Healey, I jacked the rear and removed a wheel. Lo! An adapter was present.
Bolted to the 5" center Healey lugs was a 4.5" center adapter. So my wheels,
even though there're carrying only 155-15 JC Penny tires, were changed from
the originals for some reason lost in the past 5 decades. Now I'm back to
finding suitable replacements with a 5" bolt center.

And thanks for the book suggestions. I'll add them to my library.

Best,

Ed