[Healeys] healey for sale

BJ8 Healeys sbyers at ec.rr.com
Thu Sep 10 05:23:32 MDT 2009

The car claims to be HBJ8L/35558.  If it is, it was probably built in late
March or early April 1966.  Depending on when it was first sold, it was most
likely originally registered as either a '66 or a '67.  I noted the claim to
be a "1964", but since the "year" of BJ8s as recorded in the registry varies
all over the place and there is only a general agreement between "year" and
chassis number, I didn't consider it to be significant even if it is not a
typo.
Within the 100 chassis numbers immediately prior to yours, Jim, the registry
records 4 '65s, 19 '66s, and 3 '67s.
Within the 100 chassis numbers immediately after yours, there are 1 '65, 15
'66s, and and 4 '67s.
35558 is the only car in the registry with a chassis number later than yours
that claims to be a '64.

Steve Byers
HBJ8L/36666
BJ8 Registry