[Healeys] Misaligned Rear axle

Bob Brown blkbt7 at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 4 17:48:37 MDT 2009

Emergency repair required!!

Carlos came to my place today (about 100 miles) rear seemd to jump at times, usually when removing pressure on the accelarator.

Looking at the rear wheel, the passenger side is alomost rubbing the fender on the rear of the wheel well, the opposite side has about 2 inches clearance. The TOE bolt throught the right spring is not present! Thus the spring leafes appear to have shifted so the holes throught the springs do not line up.

How do we correct the situation??
We attempted to lift the axle while the car is on a lift but the entire car raised. Although we loosend the ubolts so the is no pressure on the ubolt plate. We have compressed the spring using c-clamps

We appear to need to align the axle, align the spring leafes and add a toe bolt that we don't have.

The car is a BN7 Mark I.

Bob & Carlos