[Healeys] Aluminum fuel tanks

Dallas Congleton dcongleton at embarqmail.com
Thu Sep 3 08:55:42 MDT 2009

I usually don't point out differences from the conventional wisdom, as it just
generates a lot of "I have had no problems in X number of years",  or a
Snopes.com research by someone to refute whatever was said -  but as the
aluminum tanks seem to be coming embedded in  "list lore",  I thought it might
be wise for the folks that have a technical background to read these articles,
before jumping for a panacea.
The new zinc lined tanks from Moss may actually be a better choice for less
cost an equal longevity.  They certainly fit with no issues.

http://www.ethanolmt.org/switch.html

http://www.nmma.org/lib/docs/nmma/gr/environmental/E20_Position_Paper.doc

fwiw
Dallas