[Healeys] fuel tank rust

Mark LaPierre lapierrem at sbcglobal.net
Thu Sep 3 04:20:45 MDT 2009

Moss has a nice kit called  New Tank.   After 40 some years certain areas
need to be replaced and
upgraded.   I have tried most of the aftermarket products on past cars but a
new tank is the way to go.
Too many "what ifs" to deal with down the road if you just try to refurb.
There are areas inside
the tank that you don't really want to seal but you have no control over
that, and whether or not
the stuff is really sticking and how long it will last is a gamble,  you
have no control over that.
When the carbs start to hesitate later on,  at least if you have a new tank
you can most
likely eliminate the fact that it may be some of the tank sealer that has
come off and contaminated the lines.
Good luck on trouble shooting that one.

Also, the tank is actually the floor of your trunk after it is installed.
What ever you put in the trunk
will be sitting directly on the tank (what was Donald thinking?)   so if by
chance the walls are weak and thin
then you can see where I'm going.

It just makes good sense to start with new and you will most likely never
have to renew it again in your
life time.

I had no problem with my new Moss unit purchased about 3 years.  These do go
on sale or can be purchased with the large ticket discount for a savings.

My 2 cents,    Mark