[Healeys] Can I Lock Up The Engine? (BJ8).

Alan Seigrist healey.nut at gmail.com
Tue Sep 1 02:33:12 MDT 2009

Graham -

Put the car in 4th gear, put on the handbrake, and make sure you have chocks
on all four wheels.  You will be able to tighten it.

Just be sure to not whack the spanner with a hammer, you will want to
tighten it by hand, otherwise you may damage the gear faces.  If your
spanner is too short, you can put a cheater bar on it, but I wouldn't put
more than 2 foot of leverage on it.  With the lockwasher this nut doesn't
need to be super tight, I figure 50 ft lbs would be enough.

Alan

'52 A90
'53 BN1
'64 BJ8