[Healeys] Fuel Pump

Pieter and Linda pieters at pt.lu
Sat Oct 31 05:50:50 MST 2009

Ric,
  I would hazard a guess that sludge in your petrol tank is your
problem. The pick up is at the front of the tank and as you slowed for
the light the sludge moved forward and blocked the pick up filter. The
pump became noisy as it was running dry. If you switched it off the
sludge would settle away from the filter and all goes back to normal
until the next time. A good tank flush is quicker and cheaper than a
new pump :)
cheers
Pieter