[Healeys] Throttle switch on overdrive function? BJ8

Michael Salter msalter at precisionsportscar.com
Tue Oct 27 11:48:05 MST 2009

Hi Wes,
The throttle switch is used to maintain the car in overdrive until throttle
is applied.
The purpose is to prevent the car's motion from having to accelerate the
rotating mass of the engine which would produce a reverse torque in the
overdrive unit, something it was not designed to accommodate.
When the switch is installed it provides a parallel circuit for the dash
switch when less than about 30% throttle is applied. When the throttle
passes this point, with the overdrive switch having been switched off the
overdrive will disengage.

Michael Salter
http://www.netbug.net/blogmichael/?p=445