[Healeys] Healey BJ8 Lamp Bracket - Update2 - 3D Install Helper.

Robert Blair rnbmail at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 26 22:10:13 MST 2009

Listers, Many seem to be interested in the BJ8 lamp mount design and have
requested a 'how to' install diagram.  Here is a rough 3D showing set up of
the lower bracket bolted to the bumper iron, the valence sandwiched between
the 2 brackets, and the upper bracket which carries the lamp.

Two top bracket variants are needed depending on Bosch or Lucas - the LHS
shows a single bend for my Bosch lamps that have a horizontal/vertical swivel
mounting bolt - I will use a horizontal bolt mount, and the RHS double bend
for the Lucas lamps with vertical/fixed mounting bolts.

Please NOTE that the vertical dimensions of the above valence bracket are for
my Boash lamps only.  The height of the above valence bracket should be
tailored to the position of the hight of the specific lamp being mounted - up
or down an inch or so.

I am going ahead with the install fater they have been fabricated - probably
from 3/16 alu as it is easier to machine and can be powder coated or chromed.

A variat of the design may be good for ealier models - I have not sudied the
set ups.

JOHN SIMS - Looks like I cannot send an attachment to this list based on
size/whatever, so I will send it to you via earthlink and you can post the
install 3D on your site to save everyone emailing me directly.  Anyone wanting
one now just email me anyway at RNB at ix.netcom.com  .

Good luck...

Robert N. Blair  Yellow 65BJ8  rnbmail at yahoo.com